Each year ASME Student Sections host a Student Professional Development Conference (SPDC) within every district. IPTI, located in Texas is part of District E. For students looking to get further involved with ASME, check out this great opportunity to meet & compete with other engineering students!
For information on upcoming SPDC dates & locations click here.
- Provide a forum to train officers and future leaders.
- Create networking opportunities.
- Host student competitions.
- Supply a forum for technology transfer for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Introduce students to the real ASME (beyond pizza parties and contests to include technical divisions and community relations) and what ASME can do for your career.
Who Should Attend:
- All Engineering Students
- Student Section Advisors
Other Activities you might find at a SPDC include:
- Graduate Student Technical Conference (GSTC)
- Early Career Technical Conference (ECTC)
- Student Leadership Training Seminar (SLS)
- Student Design Exposition
- Radio Controlled Micro Baja Car Competition
- YouTube Competition
- Impromptu Design Competition
- T-Shirt Design Competition
- Career/Job Fair
- Panel Discussions
- Early Career Workshops
ASME Competitions at the
Student Professional Development Conference (SPDC)
Old Guard Oral Presentation Competition
Limit 2 Entries per Student Section*
General Rules and Prize Information | Sample Score Sheet
*Note: Some SPDCs may allow only 1 entry per student section. Be sure to check limitations on the venue web site.
Student Design Competition
No Limit on Number of Entries per Student Section**
**Note: A student may be a member of only ONE team.
General Rules, Problem Statement & Prize Information
Student Design Exposition
Opportunity to present design project-can be work in progress.
No Limit on Number of Entries per Student Section. Open to ASME members and non-members.
Not held every year at all SPDCs.
General Rules and Information
Information regarding these contests and other SPDC activities will be posted on the individual conference web sites as information becomes available.
All contestants must be dues paid ASME undergraduate student members prior to submittal of entry form. Registering to attend a SPDC does not enter you into the competition, you must also submit the proper entry form by the deadline specified.