Learn more and register on the training week page.
Fundamentals of Deepwater Riser Engineering
The "Fundamentals of Deepwater Riser Engineering" will provide attendees with the basic principles and technologies of riser engineering design, fabrication and installation, and provide an understanding of the primary drivers behind riser system selection for deepwater floating production. Each student will receive 6.5 PDH's.
This course is designed for subsea, pipeline or riser engineers with 1-5 years of experience and industry professionals who interface with riser engineering.
To provide a basic understanding of the key elements of riser engineering and the riser design process.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- To provide a basic understanding of the key elements of riser engineering and the riser design process
- Be aware of key decision drivers associated with riser concept selection
- Understand the design process associated with each riser type
- Have a basic understanding of the theory of hydrodynamic and metocean loads that drive riser design
- Understand the technology limits of different riser concepts, whether water depth, vessel, temperature, pressure, fluid or other limits.
- Interface with riser designers with an understanding of their role in subsea design
- Deepwater riser technology
- Riser codes of practice
- Riser selection
- Steel based risers
- Flexible, hybrid, and umbilical risers
- Material, fabrication and installation
- Deepwater projects and lessons learned