This two day session will concentrate on ways to improve the reliability of rotating equipment. With a solid basis in the concepts of reliability and reliability engineering, it will focus on the problems and solutions surrounding rotating equipment failures, diagnostics and effective methods to prevent them. This will help achieve measurable results in more efficient plant maintenance, increased operational efficiency, lower operating costs and improved plant reliability and availability.
- Fundamental concepts of reliability
- Types of failures experience by rotating equipment
- Reliability engineering techniques and methods
- Measurement of reliability
- Reliability improvement programs
- Economic analysis for reliability improvement
At the end of this course, you should be able:
- To understand the fundamentals of reliability and its attributes
- To categorize and explain the types of failures experienced by rotating equipment
- To understand basic reliability methods and techniques such as FMEA, fault tree analysis and Markov analysis and apply the proper methods to rotating equipment
- To perform failure analysis and prediction using MTBF/MTTR, Weibull analysis and the Crow-AMSAA method
- To apply root cause failure analysis
- To measure equipment reliability using maintenance information systems and reliability software
- To understand the application of Reliability Centered Maintenance in a proper maintenance program
- To evaluate the need for and develop a formal reliability improvement program in partnership with other departments
- To perform economic analysis for reliability improvement based on life cycle costing
ASME Member $1,900
Non-ASME Member $1,995
(Fees include a copy of ASME press book “Practical Application of Dependability Engineering”, Professional Course Guide, Breakfast and Lunch)
The course is intended for reliability engineering, operations and maintenance personnel involved with rotating equipment in all types of applications. Engineering staff involved in specifying rotating equipment will also benefit. It is valuable not only to those that are involved directly in improvement of reliability but also those that serve a supporting role, including both new and experienced staff.
Double Tree by Hilton-Berkeley Marina
200 Marina Boulevard
Berkeley, CA 94710
Click here to make your hotel reservation.
Group Rate $139 a night. Plus all applicable taxes.
Cancellation / Refunds:
Cancellations made through 10/15/12 will receive a refund, less the non-refundable administrative fee of $50. Refunds are not available after 10/15/12 substitutions for individuals enrolled may be made at any time.
ASME-IPTI reserves the right to cancel a course if enrollment is insufficient to ensure maximum effectiveness. This decision is made approximately two weeks before the course begins. If this occurs, enrollees will receive a full refund or be given the opportunity to transfer to another course date. Keep our cancellation policy in mind when making airline reservations, as ASME-IPTI cannot be responsible for fees charged for canceling your airline ticket. Students are responsible for handling all travel arrangements and the costs associated with their travel.