Compressors perform a major role in pipelines and many types of plant processes. This course is a thorough description of the technology of compressors and their design and selection. The main focus will on centrifugal, reciprocating and screw compressors. Participants will receive a fundamental understanding of all of the basic components of compressors and their auxiliary systems. The different drivers for compressors will be covered. A thorough understanding of compressor performance is important for design and testing. Reference will be made to the various standards used by manufacturers and purchasers.
- How compressors work
- Design fundamentals of dynamic and positive displacement compressors
- Required auxiliary systems
- How to characterize the performance of different types of compressors
- Control and monitoring for effective operation
- Factors for selection of compressors for industrial use
- Performance and acceptance testing
At the end of this course, you should be able:
- To understand the detailed technology and components of compressors
- To describe the functions of auxiliary systems
- To describe compressor operation and control and sound operating practices
- To select the most appropriate compressors for industrial application
- To understand what is involved in performance and acceptance testing
Course Fees (In USD):
ASME Member $2,600
Non-ASME Member $2,695
(Fees include a copy of ASME press book “Pipeline Pumping and Compression Systems: A Practical Approach”, Professional Course Guide, Breakfast and Lunch)
The course is intended for engineering and associate staff involved with compressor equipment involved in providing, specifying and selecting compressors in various types of applications including pipelines and process plants. Operating and maintenance personnel will also benefit. It is valuable not only to those that are involved directly in these activities but also others that will benefit from gaining a fundamental understanding of compressors. This course is aimed at those that have had some exposure to compressors and their operation and wish to gain a more comprehensive understanding of their capabilities from an engineering and operational perspective.
Double Tree by Hilton-Berkeley Marina
200 Marina Boulevard
Berkeley, CA 94710
Click here to make your hotel reservation.
Group Rate $139 a night. Plus all applicable taxes.
Cancellation / Refunds:
Cancellations made through 10/15/12 will receive a refund, less the non-refundable administrative fee of $50. Refunds are not available after 10/15/12 substitutions for individuals enrolled may be made at any time.
ASME-IPTI reserves the right to cancel a course if enrollment is insufficient to ensure maximum effectiveness. This decision is made approximately two weeks before the course begins. If this occurs, enrollees will receive a full refund or be given the opportunity to transfer to another course date. Keep our cancellation policy in mind when making airline reservations, as ASME-IPTI cannot be responsible for fees charged for canceling your airline ticket. Students are responsible for handling all travel arrangements and the costs associated with their travel.